Assist in general maintenance work including lawn mowing, edging, seeding, snow removal, cultivating, fertilizing, sweeping and raking of litter and emptying of receptacles. Clean and maintain facilities including comfort stations. Perform minor repair work. Drive vehicles and operate motorized equipment. Perform safety checks on facilities and equipment. Assist Event Coordinators as needed. May move furniture, climb and perform other physical activities as required in the performance of assigned duties. Assist in providing informational, educational and safety services to the general public. Complete reports on activities performed.
Reports to Maintenance Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities
- Will be responsible for park cleanliness and minor repair work.
- Inspects buildings, grounds and baseball fields and recommends repairs to Maintenance Supervisor.
- Performs daily safety inspections on playground equipment.
- Makes minor repairs to buildings, playground equipment, restrooms, benches, picnic tables, etc.
- Performs landscaping and maintenance tasks such as weeding, lawn trimming, and pruning.
- Maintains a clean and orderly storage area.
- Collects and properly disposes of tree and shrub branches, leaves, etc.
- Paints buildings, benches, picnic tables, playground equipment, etc.
- Performs housekeeping tasks in the playground, pavilions, restrooms, and kitchen.
- Maintains required inventory and replenishes paper supplies in restrooms and kitchen.
- Pressure washes concrete floors in pavilions and other areas as required.
- Picks up trash from the entire Park area including the banks of the stream.
- Empty all trash containers in to dumpsters.
- Performs operational and safety inspections on all equipment prior to use.
- Documents maintenance activities.
- Coordinates opening of park for facility renters.
- Performs clean up of rental facilities in preparation for renters.
- Performs other duties as required.
- A current PA, Class 3 driver’s license is preferred.
- Must be able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with the public, management, other department employees and residents.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Reading, writing, seeing, hearing and/or communicating.
- Knowledge of power equipment.
- Ability to lift and lower bags of garbage into trash dumpsters and bins.
- Ability to adapt to changing weather conditions.
- Interpersonal skills.
Mail application form, cover letter and resume to:
Avonworth Community Park
Attn: Maintenance position
498 Camp Horne Road
Pittsburgh, PA 15237